Churn Dash Quilt for Chewie

We bought our Yorkie Chewie a dog bed from Costco, but he won't lay in without a towel in it (weirdo!). Plus the beach towel isn't terribly attractive! So I wanted to use some of my Christmas fabric up and make him a little quilt for his bed.

I decided to make one giant Churn Dash block. I used my 10" Sizzix square die (unfinished) for the block and trimmed them down to 9" before putting it together. Then I just put a 4" border around the edge. I was going to make an attempt at free motion quilting, but I chickened out and just did my usual wavy lines! The whole thing came out to 33" square.






It covers the bed pretty well. I'm hoping he will like it!


I think I might even do one like this again and 5 more for a big person quilt. I love the giant sized block!

Until later, happy sewing!
Jamie

I'm linking up:
Sew Fresh Quilts 

 http://www.youngtexanmama.com/

MY DAILY ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!